Tuesday, October 9, 2007

October 9, 2007

I was sorely disappointed in the Seven Dials Mystery. I didn't have anything figured out; which doesn't bother me much, I like it when I can't figure the whole mystery out before the rest of the characters (I can usually figure out most murders and such long before the middle of the story); but she didn't just not give you necessary information, she gave you false information. Very misleading. And then of course, I'm just not happy with the way it turned out. :)
I'm starting Crooked House now; I certainly hope it's as good as the last-or should I say, better than the last. I did really enjoy Seven Dials right up until the last two chapters.

My lessons for today got moved to Thursday, so I'll have a mostly quiet day at home, for once. That will be so nice. I have some pork loin I'm planning on fixing up for supper; also some sweet potatoes that need to be used. I'll probably do a salad with it, and think up something fast and easy for dessert.
I also need to clean out the refrigerator, microwave and other various small appliances in the kitchen. Sometimes I wish those everyday things didn't have to be done, or would do themselves; but then I remember how it was when I was attending college, and I wished so much for the time to do those things. Ironic, isn't it? :)

Well, after writing the above earlier, my day changed drastically. I had just cut up the pork loin and started it to marinate, when my youngest brother came running up to the house, with the message for me to come help the other guys in the family with the cattle. Haha-dryly. That took out a couple of hours in my ''leisurely'' day. I came back up covered in dirt and manure, took a shower, and tried to continue supper preparations. But wouldn't you know it, my dad wants to go out and do our bible study now rather than around seven or eight this evening. This is certainly giving me a good opportunity to exercise patience and a good attitude. So I'm going to smile now, and do my best not to succumb to a ''desperaging'' attitude. :) On the plus side, the cattle have all been wormed and etc. for the next couple months, which means I won't have to be trying to do that on my own when the guys are gone. That's definitely a plus.

No comments: