Saturday, September 1, 2007

My Week

I went out of town to visit a friend of mine this week. It was an awesome time! She got married last spring, so it was good seeing her again, and getting to know her husband a little too. We went shopping one day; got some great bargains! They also showed me a house in their family that pre-dates the Civil War! That was amazing! I'm an avid fan of the Civil War, am actually writing a book on it, so try to get my hands on anything from the time.
I'm considering taking up the cello; found one for a decent price, and also one of the staff at State, from Romania actually, has consented to give me lessons. I'm excited!
I can't believe it's already September! This is crazy! Where does time go?
I'm reading a book by Debra White Smith, titled "What Jane Austen Taught Me About Love And Romance". It's very interesting. She uses I Cor. 13:4-8 and compares each attribute to some one of Austin's characters. I recommend it; she uses lots of humor in her writing; I've enjoyed it immensely.
Well, I'm the only one at home right now, so that means I must feed all the animals; our four dogs, bizillion cats, and horses, cattle and ducks if they need it. They've already waited quite late, so I'd better get out there now.

No comments: