Thursday, September 6, 2007

"Disparaging Week"

This was a pretty little flower, but a bad shot. :)
I'm fighting a pretty bad headache; trying to resist the urge to scream my head off, as it probably wouldn't help anyway. lol.
Not that it entitles me to whine and complain...but the forces of nature and my headache have conspired against me today. Because, on top of my headache, I'm also dealing with allergies. I've had a pretty bad week. Agghhhhhhhh! No, it didn't really help.

I'm reading Tolstoy's War And Peace. No idea if it's a good book or not, but it was recommended to me as a classic. And it's taking forever for me to get through, I think I'm finally on chapter five, it's due this next wednesday, and I've already rechecked it once.

I have a million different things pulling at me at once. Probably contributing to the headache, no surprise there. Right now, I'm struggling to have the right attitude. And picking my battles wisely. I'm losing most of them at the time.
One of my greatest friends is coming over tomorrow night. I'm so glad, because then we can philosophize, which always makes me feel better.

OK, enough whining for now. Things to be grateful for; since I've pretty much hit rock bottom on my finances, I should be, and am, glad that I've sold a steer. If only it brings a good price, that should help me out for a while. But the cattle prices are down a lot since last year-wait, I said I'm not going to complain anymore, didn't I?

Sometimes I wish we could just go back to simple times. I've been watching Wives and Daughters; A really good movie.

Well, I've gotta' go; have some more errands to run, and it's awfully tempting to just whine some more on here. I need to work on my attitude before I see or talk to anyone. :)

No comments: