Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Jeep Wrangler and "She'll Go On You"

My father is considering buying a friends jeep wrangler. Yep, another vehicle in our drive. But hey, the bright side is that I might get to drive it most....maybe.... :) As the eldest, I've been driving longer than the other kids...six years....Kathryn, fortunately, likes driving the Nissan XT, or something like that...My father informed the guys that they wouldn't be driving anything but our old suburban and his ford truck for some years to come...and Hope has yet to drive by herself in any of the vehicles, so dad wants her to wait a bit on that one...So, that leaves me. At least it's a step closer to a truck. I told dad I'd be happy to drive his truck instead, but he wasn't too keen on that. :) I wonder why......

I feel totally burnt out on life...but know that once Sunday rolls around, I'll feel much better...at least until next Wednesday.... :) (shrug and sigh).
I'm meeting my friend, Christi, tomorrow. I'm looking so forward to that, we haven't been able to visit just us for quite a long time. (The wording there wasn't too complicated for you, was it? :)
Hopefully, we'll be able to catch up on each other's lives and see what the Lord has been teaching us over the summer and into the fall.

I'm listening to Josh Turner as I write, and his song, She'll Go On You, just started playing. That song never ceases to make my sisters' and I pause for a moment and think. It's very true; you need to appreciate those loved ones you have with you, 'cause sooner than you know, they'll be gone, and you won't be able to tell them how much you love them. I usually start to cry when I hear it...because it's then I realize that I don't say those important things, like 'I love you', and 'thank you' often enough. And I always resolve to do a better job. In my own strength, I never can. But if I ask the Lord to help me, keeping my eyes on Him, it never fails.

No comments: