Thursday, February 7, 2008

Shocked and Confused; But Not Alone

I have no idea how to start this. I am just so confused.
A dear family friend, and fellow church member, died very suddenly last night. I'm still really in shock. Doubts, worries and fears swim in my mind, trying to crowd out every ounce of faith. I don't know why God allowed him to leave us; but I do know that God was the only thing holding me up when we went through the last death, earlier this summer, of someone close to us. That I don't want to leave His side. But I still wonder, question, why this was allowed to happen. And I'm worried that my faith in the power of prayer is diminishing. If I think about it rationally, I know there is no reason for that. But I'm afraid I'm not inclined to think rationally right now. We gathered and prayed; "for where two or more are gathered together, there I am in their midst." "The fervent prayer of the righteous man availeth much." "If you ask anything in my name, believing, you shall receive." Do those verses mean something other than what I have been led to believe they mean?
I don't want to fill others with doubts; but I would desperately like some encouragement. Encouragement to keep walking the straight and narrow; to keep trusting God even when I have no clue what He's doing. To draw closer to Him, and let Him deal with the nagging doubts and questions; to do nothing but rest in His peace. To stay my mind on Him. "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, who's mind is stayed on Thee."
I know that God is in control. I know that "He causes all things to work together for GOOD to those that LOVE HIM''. That He alone holds the universe in His hand. He knows the number of our days. And that, at one time, I was so desperately, totally in love with Him. He was the center of my universe. The whole reason for my being. I don't want to throw that away for a few nagging doubts and questions.

Please be praying for this family. He has left behind a widow, one married daughter, as well as one other daughter and a son. The son is one of the best friends of my brother. Thankfully, while he lives in TN, the son was down here at the time of his fathers' death. I'm sure his mother is so very glad to have him here at this time.

These are hard times. While I don't understand, and we may even resent it; GOD IS IN CONTROL. And He loves us. This much we must be sure of.

2 comments:

Cattlemans Daughter said...

Oh dear Carole Anne! I am so sorry, but you are on the right track. Don't doubt your faith just because things go wrong. You are God's Princess, A Redeemed Daughter of Jesus Christ and He Loves you, and Santified you and "all things work together for good to them that Love God and are called according to His will"

Keep your eyes on Jesus, not on our circumstances...I know it is hard, but you have the answer for ANY problem, and you are his!

Love and Hugs from me!! Don't give up, just lean on the Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ!

~ Amy

Cattlemans Daughter said...

I really like your new template! Have a wonderful day!!! :D