Monday, February 18, 2008

Captivating

I've decided to take another journey through the pages of John and Stasi Eldredge's book Captivating. It's been over a year since last I read it, and I think I'm in need of the truths hidden within it's pages once again. Not that I should let it take the place of my Bible, but I find something refreshing in reading the revelations of other Christians.
So-is a true woman Cinderella or Joan of Arc? Mary Magdalene or Oprah? How do we recover essential femininity without falling into stereotypes, or worse, ushering in more pressure and shame upon our readers? That is the last thing a woman needs. And yet, there is an essence that God has given to every woman. We share something deep and true, down in our hearts. So we venture into this exploration of femininity by way of the heart. What is at the core of a woman's heart? What are her desires? What did we long for as little girls? What do we still long for as women? And, how does a woman begin to be healed from the wounds and tragedies of her life? Sometime between the dreams of your youth and yesterday, something precious has been lost. And that treasure is your heart, your priceless feminine heart.....So we invite you to take a journey with us, a journey of discovery and healing. For your heart is the prize of God's Kingdom, and Jesus has come to win you back for Himself-all of you.
I'll be posting excerpts from the book in the next couple days; I hope you enjoy it with me!

Excerpt taken from Captivating: By John and Stasi Eldredge

No comments: