Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

This is a post from a different blog of mine....written last Valentine's Day. I thought I'd share it here. This was my attitude then, and it is my attitude still.
I hope it makes you think.

I was thinking.....Wednesday is Valentine's. Yeah. That day just serves as a reminder of that special someone......that you don't have. :)

Well,....instead of just thinking about the day that you will have someone to celebrate this 'oh-so-important' day with, think about who you already have. And I don't really mean your family and friends. Though they are something to be EXTREMELY grateful for.

What I was thinking was more in the lines of Isaiah 54:5; "For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts.....". "The woman who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and spirit; but one who is married is concerned about the things of the world, how she may please her husband." I Cor. 7:34.

So......If you're single, like me, and really long for a home and family of your own, then think on this. You already have a husband, and the LORD of hosts is His name. Spend some extra time with Him this week (actually, it would be ideal to spend extra time with Him for the rest of your life), thank Him for who he is to you, and LIVE FOR HIM!

That has been what He's been saying to me this past week. Actually, reminding me, over and over. I really had it down last fall, but have allowed the 'things of this world' to come between. Not necessarily my relationship with Him, but that kind of relationship with Him. One where I'm not impatiently awaiting 'the day', but 'living for today'.

No comments: