Sunday, December 2, 2007

December 2, 2007

Again, I've slacked off on updating this blog. What can I say but that I've been busy, and maybe just a little bit lazy in regard to this blog. :)

Christmas is fast approaching. I've been getting all the decor out this past week, and Kathryn and Reed decked the house out in lights. I love doing these things. But that's not what makes Christmas. We often get caught up in the seasonal festivities, forgetting the true meaning, or rushing through it, if we admit theres' a true meaning to Christmas at all. Even Christians tend to think Christmas is just a feel good time, created for us to have a good time. But December 25 is the day that we recognize that God sent His Son to earth for us. To save us. In today's culture, it is now a struggle to remember that.
I do love the fact, though, that people distribute love more throughout the Christmas season. I think that is one of the reasons I love this time of year so much. On a normal day, you can be in WalMart for two hours and never a smile from anyone. But this month, practically everyone smiles as you walk along; those with buggies fuller (and sometimes emptier) than your own will tell you to go ahead of them in line, no reason but that they feel like doing a good turn to another. Why can't this behavior stretch throughout the year? I have no answer for that, but I wish it would.

For those of you interested, my cat, Smokey, is doing great. She feels (and looks) much better. I'm very thankful to God that it was nothing serious. That might sound petty, but I dearly love my cats, and as I believe God delights in giving us our hearts desires, I believe that He was very good to me, and heard my prayers ahead of time. Anyway, thank you to those who voiced concern and good wishes for her health. It meant much to me. :)

Maybe I will post more tomorrow, but it is getting late now, so I will bid you "Au Revoir"!

No comments: