Thursday, December 20, 2007

December 21, 2007

Christmas day is fast approaching. I'm sitting in the living room; as I write this, Matthew has challenged Reed to a game of chess, John is standing by to see who is to be the victor. My father has fallen asleep in the recliner, and my grandmother is in the other reading. Charles, as usual, is talking about football; my grandfather is on the phone, and my mother, Allison, and Kathryn are wrapping gifts. Hope is, as usual, baking in the kitchen. It'll be something special, of course; ''as usual''. :)
Celtic Christmas music is playing in the background; now daddy has woken, and is in the kitchen pestering Hope about her cookies; wishing they were done already so he could have one, no doubt. The lights are on, the greenery hung; and finally, I feel that sense of peace, love, and belonging that make Christmas so dear. And now that we have grown, and are moving in different directions, having us all back together makes it even dearer.
Earlier, as we sat around the dinner table; packed in like sardines, knocking elbows with daddy and John, I once again realized the importance of family, and the great blessing I hold in having so many. And again, I feel the Lord's goodness; His love for me.

I made Reed's wild hog sausage, eggs, and homemade biscuits for breakfast. The biscuits turned out better this time than they ever have. That's not saying much, since I only started making biscuits this summer. But at least I'm improving. :)
We had rather a late start today, as we girls had gone out last night to see a movie. We saw August Rush, and though I don't agree with everything in it, it was a sweet movie. After we got out, my mother comes up with a crazy idea: "Why don't we go back and see Enchanted?!" Before I realize that she is, indeed, serious, she rushes back and buys tickets for us all! When we got home around 11:30-12, everyone had gone to bed but John and Charles, who had waited up for us to make sure we got home alright. Wasn't that sweet of them?!
We are having a good time with my grandparents while they are here, and I'm very glad they were able to make the trip from TX. The must leave on Sunday, but I'm grateful for the time we have together.

OK, I have given my spill on family and feelings; now I should check my mail, and get back to the family.
Good night, all you out there.

1 comment:

Cattlemans Daughter said...

Glad I found in in Cyber space!!! A Merry CHRISTmas to you! Please stop by and leave a comment on my blog sometime! :)

CHRISTmas Eve Gift to you and yours!