Monday, December 3, 2007

December 3, 2007

Let's see...what did I do last week?
Monday I had a practice for the Messiah, and Tuesday evening was the performance. It was a lot of fun, and I hope I can do it again next year. :)
Wednesday, my sisters and I volunteered at a Special Olympics event held on campus. It was such a blessing to work with those people. They were all so cheerful, and sweet.
Thursday was my last 'cello lesson till the end of the Christmas break; so I'll resume sometime in January.

I read something very neat in My Utmost For His Highest yesterday: "I am called to live in perfect relation to God so that my life produces a longing after God in other lives, not admiration for myself." And I wholeheartedly agree with Oswald Chambers there. I pray the Lord will help me to live so; for, as a sinful, selfish girl, I like others to think well of me, and in my own strength, I cannot do it. "Thoughts about myself hinder my usefulness to God." May we all strive to live like this; with our hearts and minds fixed solely on Christ Jesus, our Lord. "God is getting me to the place where He can use me. Let Him do what He likes."

No comments: