Thursday, December 6, 2007

December 6, 2007

There are so many things I hope to accomplish; so much I wish to do, before it's to late. There are times I feel the need; there are times when I have a greater sense of urgency than at others. This is one of those times. But what is it that I must do? That is when I am at a loss.....I remember; my whole purpose here is to bring glory to God; so how do I do that? I believe there are things, gifts and blessings He has given me, to aid me in that great purpose. It might be something simple as writing a song, or a whole book; it might be raising cattle, cleaning the house, cooking meals, watching a young couples' children so they can have time together. Whatever I do, it should be done to the glory of God; it should cause others to long for a deep, personal relationship with God, not done with the intent of bringing attention to myself so that others will say, "look at her, she's a great girl!". No, it should 'cause them to say, "Glory to God! Lord, give me that, I want to know You like that! Christ, send Your cleansing rain!"

It's late, and I have to make breakfast in the morning, so I should head to bed. But I hope you will continue to think on this as I will; perhaps we will both be able to fully realize what it means to live your life for Christ, and to bring glory to His name.

No comments: