Friday, August 3, 2007

Runnning

Verse Of The Day
"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training....exercises self-control in all things....They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." I Corinthians 9:24-27

How are you running? Are you exercising self-control in all things? These words of Paul's convict me every time I read them. My exhortation today is, run in such a way as to receive the prize; run with aim, and self-control.
I write this, with the knowledge in mind that I need myself to do this. It is not because of anyone else, but what I see in my own life. I realize more and more as I grow older how impossible it is to do anything on my own. Thus, this is a simple way of reminding myself to take it to God today; to trust and lean on Him. And if it helps you as well, then praise the Lord!

I sprained my knee slightly yesterday evening, running. I stepped into a hole....how embarrassing! It was pretty stiff this morning when I got up, but as I've moved around, it has felt better. Perhaps this is what sparked 'running races'. :)

No comments: