Friday, June 22, 2007

Just An Update, And Hopes For This Summer

So I haven't updated this blog for a while, and I thought I probably should. :)
The summer has been flying by, and I haven't gotten to half of the things I wanted/needed to get done. But I have gotten to that other half :-), so am grateful for that. My garden is all planted and struggling along beautifully, lol. Still waiting on painting my room (which I shall be moving out of at the end of the month. But hey, at least my sisters' will be able to enjoy it, and I will as well when I move back in about a year. If I'm still here at home then; and I believe I will be if the Lord doesn't come back or take me home :). Still a little foggy about what color to paint it, as it's a bit difficult to get four women to agree on one color. lol. Trying to keep up on the cooking. Lately I've been able to put up green beans and corn. I think I will get to do some tomatoes as well; and if I can find some jars I'm planning on putting up some of our crab-apples. Should keep me fairly busy, for a little while at least.
I have been very grateful for the Lord's strength this past month. I cannot see how we could have made it this far without His help. The verses that have been sticking out to me of late are all about His mercies, righteousness, and loving-kindnesses. Psalm 98, 95:3,4 and 90:1,2. I have worked on a couple songs as well, based on thoughts and feelings from the past month; but doubt if I will ever share all of them, as most of them are between me and the Lord.
I'm also hoping to get some more work done on my book(s) this summer, so better start soon or it'll be over before I ever start. :)

No comments: