Friday, June 1, 2007

The Lord Will Be The Stability Of Your Times.....

Today, I got up by seven!!! OK, so not so impressive; but when you consider that it's been at least 8:30 to 9:00 this past week, I'm doing a lot better. I've just felt so wiped, and even when I have turned in early, can't get to sleep till after 12:00. That's probably why I can't get to sleep come to think of it, 'cause I'm sleeping in so late........
My sister's graduation party is tomorrow. My sister-in-law and I are supposed to be in charge of getting it all planned out, but to be honest, I'm not completely sure I've helped that much.
In a few minutes, I need to go water plants and the gardens. I'm praying for rain, as we're heading for another drought this summer otherwise. I also need to keep laundry going, make lunch, plan for supper, clean the kitchen in between, make sure the house is ready for my grandmothers arrival this afternoon, and get my room ready for her to stay in. I guess that means I'll be sleeping on the sofa in the living room or in my sisters room on the floor. And if I choose the living room, I need to vacuum out the sleeper sofa, and get clean sheets for it..... =) Ha ha.... I think I should have plenty to do today. I also might have to meet someone in town and help get some things set up for tomorrow....

These past few weeks have been rough. The Lord has really carried me through, but it seems every Wednesday I break down. I felt I could really identify with David in Psalm 6:2-7; "Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am pining away; Heal me, O Lord, for my bones are dismayed. And my soul is greatly dismayed; But You, O Lord-how long? Return, O Lord, rescue my soul; Save me because of Your loving kindness. For there is no mention of You in death; In Sheol who will give You thanks? I am weary with my sighing; Every night I make my bed swim, I dissolve my couch with my tears. My eye has wasted away with grief; It has become old because of all my adversaries." But Psalm 5:11 was comforting-"But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; and may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You." And Psalm 105:1-4 "Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples. Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; Speak of all His wonders. Glory in His holy name; Let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad. Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually." Isaiah 35:3-4 "Encourage the exhausted, and strengthen the feeble. Say to those with anxious heart, 'Take courage, fear not. Behold, your God will come with vengeance; the recompense of God will come, but He will save you.'" Isaiah 33:6 "The Lord will be the stability of your times, a wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge."

No comments: