Sunday, June 3, 2007

The God Of Love And Peace

Well, we're back from church. The Lord's presence was SO strong there. The praise team leaders had put together a collection of Ms. Babs favorite songs. It was nearly impossible to sing those songs without thinking of her; it was so tough to sing without totally breaking down. Which I definitely didn't want to do, as I'm a member of our praise team, and I didn't want to make it harder on the church body or her family by bawling up front through all the songs. But it was also so...I don't know the words to explain....but it was wonderful...beautiful...amazing. And the elder who spoke, his message was great. He spoke of Psalm 46;Romans 11:33-12:2; and Matt. 13:20; About God being a God of war, ready to do war for us, the Lord of hosts; but also the God of peace, and we can rest in that peace. But we have to choose. It's like the song, "Blessed be Your Name"-'My heart will choose to say, blessed be Your name'. He also spoke of being transformed, being completely changed through Christ. It was really good.
So now that we're through the tough part of today, we have to make it through tomorrow, which may possibly be a million times harder. Or it may not. I don't know. But I do know that, like today, the Lord will help us make it through. He's been teaching me so much in these last two weeks, and not the least is just trusting Him, and leaning on His power.
These seem to be my life theme verses right now, so even though I've already shared them, I will do so again. Psalm 27:1,13-14, and II Cor 13:11; "The Lord is my light and salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread?....I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord." "Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you."

No comments: